Monday 7 December 2009

My Week In Links #5




Mirror, Mirror on the wall who's the wittiest of them all? Vice magazine you say? That can't be right...


This week I:

- have finally broken my ban on christmas related activity and started to think about this years christmas shopping strategy, chances are I won't buy anything from this list though.

- looked at some pagan flavoured photos courtesey of platform and Suzanna Zak

- Found a guide to picking to the perfect christmas tree , although to be honest I'll probably stick to buying something more artificial and fiber optic that glows unnaturally when you plug it into the wall. Yep I'm one of those people.

- Saw the worlds smallest Snowman, somewhere around 1/5th of the size of a human hair.

- Considered working for Vice magazine, well actually this is more of a half truth, the thought did flash through my mind when i saw the vacancy advertised but in all honest I was more intrigued by this album cover.

- Watched the new video by These New Puritans , I like it. Even if it does seem slightly reminiscent of Snowman.

- Started reading an interesting article on Salon magazine which sheds a little light on one of the most mysterious and maligned genres around, Black Metal.

This entry is brought to you by the letter B for Ben Frost who's album 'By The Throat' is fast becoming one of my favourite releases of the year. It's streaming from here where you can also download the album using the misleading 'name your price' option where you can pay whatever you like... as long as it's over 10 euros. I'll let that slide though as it is a brilliant record.

No comments:

Post a Comment